Establish your business, get noticed and control your story in the global marketplaceExplore More
View, manage and print business information on your D&B® credit file.
Definition of the D-U-N-S Number
The D-U-N-S Number is a unique nine-digit identifier for businesses. It is used to establish a Dun & Bradstreet business credit file, which is often referenced by lenders and potential business partners to help predict the reliability and/or financial stability of the company in question. If you want to bid on government proposals, you will need to get a D-U-N-S Number for each physical location of your business. You can get your D-U-N-S Number expedited for free if you are required to register with the federal government for contracts or grants.
What Will I Need to Provide to Get a D-U-N-S Number for My Business?
To register for a D-U-N-S Number, you’ll need the following information:
- Legal name
- Headquarters name and address for your business
- Doing Business As (DBA) or other name by which your business is commonly recognized
- Physical address, city, state and ZIP Code
- Mailing address (if separate from headquarters and/or physical address)
- Telephone number
- Contact name and title
- Number of employees at your physical location
- Whether you are a Home-Based Business